We're going to Ellen!

My friend Fai'ana and I had a trip planned to go see the musical Wicked in Los Angeles last October. Her father got really sick right before we were to leave so we decided to postpone the trip. Everyone was really great about refunding our money and the theater even said they would honor our tickets for a future show! Well, we are leaving the 14th of April for the trip again and this time we decided to see if we could get tickets to the Ellen Degeneres Show while we were there. Both of us have watched her website faithfully for the past 2 months waiting for our days to have tickets available. I even set the homepage on my laptop to her ticket request page just so I wouldn't miss them if they did come available! One night last week I got onto my computer and much to my surprise, our week was open! I filled out the request form, submitted it, and then crossed my fingers that we would get tickets to the show. Well, I waited and waited and then when I left work on Thursday I had a missed call on my cell phone from an unknown number. I got really excited hoping that it was Ellen. And guess what???? It was Ellen!! Ok, not Ellen herself but Lauren from the Ellen show asking if I had still wanted tickets to the show. Of course I did! So I called and left a message and then left myself a reminder to call again the next day. Well, I didn't have to call them back again because she called me. She said we had 2 guaranteed tickets to the taping on Tuesday April 15th. I am so dang excited! I keep telling Fai'ana that I hope they play the marshmallow game. And if they do, I hope she gets chosen to play. I think it would be awesome!


2 Comments:

  1. The Asiedu Family said...
    I'm so freakin jealous!! It sounds like you're going to have a blast.......
    At least I can watch Ellen over here....even if it is a few months behind!
    Becca said...
    Wasn't the Ellen show awesome?!?! I went a few years ago, it was so fun!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home